The Principal Security Analyst will play a critical role in overseeing our team of security analysts and working with our engineers to ensure that we provide top-notch service to our clients. The Principal Security Analyst will work closely with our clients to understand their unique security needs and tailor our services to fit their specific requirements, work on customer-specific rule sets and be a key advisor to a clients' Service Delivery Manager.
The Principal Security Analyst will take responsibility for tuning and maintaining the Security Platforms to deliver the best capability to our analysts and clients. The Principal Security Analyst will act as a key colleague in delivery of new SOC service offerings such as Threat Vulnerability Management.
The Principal Security Analyst will act as a subject matter expert and escalation point for other SOC teammates and will work closely with both the Senior Security Operations Manager and the Senior Security Analysts to feed into the SOC technology roadmap and own delivery to align with analyst requirements and further Insight's growth strategy. The SOC is 24/7 and this role will require participation in a call out rota.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years relevant experience in security operations or a related field, with additional relevant leadership experience
- Strong understanding of security principles and technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with security tools and technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, and firewalls. Microsoft Security Stack knowledge highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of security incidents and attack methodologies.
- Experience with incident response procedures and investigations.
- Familiarity with Industry standard security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, or SOC2.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Bash.
- Certification in relevant security fields such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), or Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA).
- Understanding of common network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support a team of Security & Senior Security analysts during their assigned shift.
- Respond to complex security incidents and provide technical guidance to Security & Senior Security analysts.
- Conduct deep dive investigations and root cause analysis to determine the scope and impact of security incidents.
- Collaborate with other security teams to resolve complex security incidents and provide timely updates to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain security tools and technologies to enhance the SOC's ability to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Develop and maintain security procedures, playbooks, and guidelines to ensure consistent and effective security incident response.
- Continuously monitor and review client organization's security posture and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to Security & Senior Security analysts.
- Ensure compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Manage escalations and coordinate with other teams as needed.
This list is not exhaustive, and teammates will be required to undertake additional responsibilities reasonably requested by their manager.
The Insight SOC offers 24x7 coverage and will require the successful applicant to undertake on call duties to support their shift colleagues.
We believe that by giving you the freedom to think big and empower you to reach your full potential, together we will achieve the best outcomes. Along with excellent benefits and a compelling reward package, we offer the opportunity to work in a supportive environment with a high level of autonomy and creativity - there's a reason our average employee tenure is over 6 years.
We strive to display our three core values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony every day. They represent and drive who we are here at Insight and by doing so we are doing amazing things. Insight started in a garage in 1988 and it is through harnessing our three core values that two brothers, Eric and Tim Crown, steered Insight to the Fortune 500 company it is today. We are now a Global IT Services and Solutions business, passionate about helping customers and the real people who sit behind them.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving diversity and equality within our organisation. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage you to apply.
We will endeavour to contact you within five business days, should we feel your profile is a good match for this role. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please presume that on this occasion, your application was not successful.
A full job description will be provided upon application.]]>
Apply on company website