SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Frankfort Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's largest provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare, as a Surgery Technician PRN!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Operating Room team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program
As our Surgical Technologist you will implement practices of sterile technique in the preparation of surgical cases to prevent surgical site infection and assist the anesthesia provider as needed for the care of the patient during surgical procedure
- Collaborates with OR Supervisor in decision-making regarding patient flow
- Participates in the “time out” with the surgical team prior to the start of each procedure and completes the surgical site verification checklist.
- Uses age-specific guidelines to position patients to promote circulation, respiratory, neuromuscular, homeostasis, and patient privacy during surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in preparing and cleaning of OR suite before and between cases.
- Applies principles of aseptic technique to daily work practices including checking for package integrity, placing sterile items in sterile area, monitoring non-sterile personnel, confining contamination, reporting breaks in technique, and minimizing traffic flow.
- Monitors instruments/supplies to ensure sterility following the event related sterility.
- Checks all equipment/instruments needed prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.
- Participates in measures to improve productivity and collects data to evaluate outcomes. Data collected specifically to include:
- Turnover time
- First Case Starts
Frankfort Regional Medical Center (FRMC) is a 173 bed, acute care facility, Level III Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Center, and Accredited Chest Pain Center. We primary serve the areas of Franklin, Anderson, Owen, Woodford, Shelby, and other surrounding counties.
Graduate of an Accredited Surgical Technician program (required
American Heart Association's Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider upon hire (required)
Certified Surgical Technician (preferred)
- Preferred 1 year OR experience (preferred)
Excellent communication(verbal, written), interpersonal, organizational, leadership, exceptional interpersonal relations and problem solving skills (required)
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website