SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our ICU Team! This role will work PRN/ Per Diem.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center's Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides post-operative care and support to the sickest of medical patients. Our nurses provide life supportive measures to patients experiencing cardiac arrest, respiratory failure, severe sepsis, and other life threatening disease processes. Our Intensivist is on site daily and we are staffed with a dynamic multidisciplinary team. This is a fast paced environment, and we deliver the highest level of care to our patients. We are dedicated to excellence, and we pride ourselves on the holistic care we give our patients and their family members.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- ACLS within 90 days of hire required
- TNCC within 6 months of hire
- CPI within 90 days of hire
- Acute care experience required
- Critical care experience required (stepdown may be considered)
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Arrhythmia course or passed BAC challenge test.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website