SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
Patient Transporters are responsible for the safe and expeditious transport of customers and supplies to and from locations throughout the hospital campus. Patient Transporters are required to operate and maintain (cleanliness/safety) various types of patient transport devices such as; beds, specialty chairs, stretchers and wheelchairs to include associated support equipment such as; oxygen tanks, monitoring equipment, IV poles, IV pumps, bed inflation units and drainage tubing and containers. Patient Transporters provide these services following FWBMC Policy and Procedures. Patient Transporters participate in Quality Improvement process and adhere to the FWBMC standards of behavior.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform the job of patient transporter successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
- Introduces yourself to the patient and explain the reason and procedure for transport to the patient and/or significant other or family member, using terms they will understand.
- Adheres to NPSG and uses the department established key words of; “For your safety will you please state your full name and date of birth for me?” This will ensure that the two patient identifiers of full name and date of birth match with the patient's wristband and exam requisition to ensure the right patient for the right exam for the right reason.
- Will use department-established key words of SAFETY, CONCERN, COMFORT and CARE during ALL patient interactions.
- Provides for appropriate privacy of the patient.
- Immediately reports any information relayed by the patient and/or companion concerning abuse.
- Report any information, concerns or questions posed by the patient to the Technologist performing the exam so that the concerns, issues or questions needing answered for the patient prior to the start of the examination.
- Communicate to nursing staff about patient transport, exam ordered and destination and confer with nursing staff about connected oxygen, cardiac monitor, or any other devise, as nursing staff is required to accompany patients on cardiac monitoring.
- Assist with the patient's safe transfer process by using correct body mechanics and requesting additional help when needed.
- Maintains adequate supply of linens for stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Keeps equipment clean and disinfected and reports any mechanical issues so work orders are completed and the equipment fixed.
- Practice proper universal precautions and follows proper use of isolation protocols, practices and supplies.
- Demonstrates exceptional Customer Service skills, principles, and respectful, professional behavior at all times with all staff, customers, family members, physicians and hospital staff.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements on or before the due date.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Works and adjusts schedule as needed, including on call coverage to meet the needs of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- None required
BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- CPI training required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous transport experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Previous customer service experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reading and comprehension skills
Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize using critical thinking skills
Exceptional customer service with the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, family members, internal and external customer's needs
Professional, polite and respectful attitude
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website