DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
- Supervises projects/activities and staff engaged in the creation, planning, design, construction, and/or maintenance of structures, facilities, systems, processes, and/or components. Applies engineering standards/procedures and provides advice on issues with a given engineering discipline. Ensures that company engineering policies, standards and procedures are applied in the implementation of engineering activities and projects. Consults with management on standards and specifications within the assigned engineering discipline (s). Identifies and drives changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement and attainment of performance measures.
- Analyzes problems and issues encountered in the performance of engineering related activities; provides analyses and consultation to management, individuals, and business units within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with applicable industry regulations, codes, or standards and company rules and regulations for projects and activities. Established required standards and practices.
- Maintains awareness of industry issues through research and benchmarking; incorporates lessons learned into day-to-day engineering practice.
- Guides and leads continuous improvement commitment and efforts for designing processes, establishing quality standards and metrics, collecting, refining, adapting and communicating best practices, sharing knowledge, and implementing the use of advanced problem solving tools.
- Sets short-term goals and priorities; participates in the development of long-term goals. Motivates through leading by example and providing constructive feedback.
- Performs all duties in accordance with DTE Energy's safety rules, operating regulations and practices; reports unsafe conditions and practices.
- Performs or ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory functions for a given group: short-term planning, organizing, determining workload and delegating assignments, directing the performance of ongoing activities and/or special and ad-hoc assignments, staffing (employee selection, training/coaching, and performance management, initiating corrective or disciplinary actions, time entry), coordinating, reporting, and budgeting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 8 years of job relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline
- Previous supervisory or other leadership experience
- Experience with NERC Compliance, primarily 693 (Operations & Planning) standards
- Familiarity with NERC reliabilty standards, NERC topics, current industry trends, and alerts to ensure compliance
- Experience with Power System Protection & Control
- Ability to lead engineers and professional staff, who are responsible for NERC compliance, to ensure compliance with applicable NERC requirements, internal control improvements, and long-term sustainability
- Ability to lead and carry out complex projects and assignments
- Ability to identify and drive improvement accordingly
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional business units, internal customers, and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Ability to coach, teach, and mentor team members to improve and develop their skills
- Ability to foster engagement and create positive work experiences for team members
- Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field
- Solid analytical and problemsolving skills
- Strong continuous improvement and planning skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website