Midstream Natural Gas Team
DTE Midstream is an owner, operator and developer of natural gas midstream interstate and intrastate pipelines; storage and gathering systems; and compression, treatment and surface facilities. Our customers include gas and electric utilities, power plants, marketers, large industrial customers and energy producers.
As a subsidiary of DTE Energy, our company has grown into an energy industry leader with the people, assets, resources and capabilities to stand on our own. That's why we're becoming an independent, publicly traded company, more agile and poised for growth. And why we're looking for exceptional people to help us build our new company.
DTE Midstream is more than a great company, it's a great place to work. Beyond the excellent compensation and benefits we offer, being part of our team means caring for each other and the communities we serve. It's a commitment to creating a culture of belonging for one another and working effectively to make a lasting contribution to a better world through good energy.Job Summary
An advanced non-management purchasing professional, focused on specific projects and special assignments. Responsible for sourcing activities which support cost management initiatives. Conducts spend analyses, identify risks and opportunities, studies market trends, benchmarking assessments, interviews vendors, and provides recommendations for sourcing. Develops and implements project related sourcing strategies to achieve the best value balancing cost and quality. May lead cross-functional teams who are engaged in procurement activities and provide work direction and/or training to other professionals. Manage project elements of contract. In addition, will support fleet and facilities operational budgets and metrics, providing support to senior leadership decision making.
• Develop strategic sourcing plans for projects that generate project savings, implement productivity tracking, utilize industry best practices, internal process improvement, and value-add services from suppliers.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Strong ability to present project best practices and strategies to senior leaders, community leaders, external stakeholders, etc.
• Study market conditions and trends to help with sourcing decisions and generate on-going savings and cost reductions.
• Apply benchmarking/competitive assessments to improve procurement strategies and reduce overall risk.
• Interface with other departments to understand the scope of work and seek potential sourcing efficiencies and potential savings.
• Oversee all procurement activities associated with the company's requirements in accordance with the end-user schedules, specification and budget.
• Strong negotiation and contract writing, as demonstrated by successfully and independently handling complex contracts, including proficiency in considering multiple long term and short term variables, building relationships with our business unit partners and vendors, crafting contracts that are uniquely tailored to fit business needs, scope of work, making recommendations for legal review, generating
creative and innovative solutions, along with reviewing peers contracts for compliance with DTM requirements.
• Provide support on procurement cost control activities and buy analysis.
• Provide procurement reports and presentations to report sourcing activities.
• Provide mentoring and direction to procurement staff as needed.
• Define contract terms/conditions in accordance with company standards and manage post award contract activities.
• Modify contract as necessary and ensure contract close out extension or renewal. Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties.
• Assists business unit plan, develop, recommend, negotiate and administer contracts and proposals; helps evaluate and award bids and proposals including reviewing contract terms and conditions and insurance certificates for all contractor services.
• Point of contact to resolve contractual issues as required.
• Establishment and sustainment of fleet and facilities operational metrics and adherence to budget requirements by developing tracking tools for senior leadership as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, supply chain management, engineering, or economics.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in supply chain management.
• Master's degree
• 10 years prior procurement experience with a focus on construction contracting
• PMP certification
• Yellow/Green/Black Belt certification
• Experience in the implementation and use of an automated Enterprise Business System; experience with NetSuite would be considered a plus
• Proficient in the application of purchasing principles, theories and concepts.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, meticulous.
• Proven skills in proposal preparation, analysis and negotiation.
• Experience with leading cross-functional procurement teams, establishing workflows, and operational procedures.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft applications (i.e.: Excel, PowerPoint, & Word).
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Able to cope with multiple demands from superiors, business units and external parties in a positive and evenhanded fashion; displays a calm demeanor.
• Demonstrated application of continuous improvement tools, systems & processes.
• Ability to function within a matrix organization in which functional and business leaders have equal authority within the organization and employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader, who collaborate on employee issues and decisions (including performance management, compensation and development).
The physical demands must be met to properly perform the functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, reach, talk, hear, grasp and carry objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in a business office, with a moderate noise level.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website