Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Performs routine clerical duties associated with recruiting employees for the distribution center. Maintains files and records pertaining to employees.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs HRIS functions for all hourly employees; may run reports from HRIS.
- Maintains applicant data, records, and acknowledgement; prepares new hire paperwork.
- Coordinates and maintains confidential personnel records.
- Answers general human resource questions and inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Processes applications, schedules interviews, assists with background checks and checks references.
- Assists with reference checks, background checks, and random drug testing.
- May log and process department bills and invoices.
- Assists with new employee orientations.
- Maintains accident reports, and workers compensation paperwork, and OSHA Logs
- Maintains job postings.
- May assist with fitness center registration.
- Receives and distributes incoming department mail.
- Maintains office supplies.
- May act as primary backup to Switchboard Operator.
- May order flowers, birthday cakes, etc. for distribution center employees.
- May maintain and distribute staffing report for distribution center.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices; familiarity with distribution center positions.
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll systems such as Lawson and KRONOS.
- Detail oriented.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Occasionally required to walk long distances within the distribution center.
- Sitting for long periods of time in an office environment.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Fast-paced environment.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website