Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Lead and participate in large-scale projects that have enterprise-wide impact. Develop and refine programs and processes that help improve employee engagement, employee development, and attracting the best talent, including plans to roll out in the field. Responsible for overseeing HR metric reporting relating to field employees, in addition to performing deep-dive analysis for particular HR metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive programs and strategies designed to improve retention, maximize engagement, and foster employee growth/development such as onboarding programs, development toolkits, and social media recruiting strategies.
- Serve as primary representative for field human resources on large-scale human resources projects to provide consultation and influence to ensure operational needs are met.
- Evaluate existing programs and processes that are managed by the field human resources department, and develop and implement new and redefined programs/processes that help achieve major HR goals. Share best practices with field human resources team.
- Partner cross-functionally with field operations and other various departments on projects and company initiatives that impact the company from a human resources standpoint.
- Perform complex analysis to identify trends and the impact of specific company initiatives on various HR metrics. Oversee production of other various reports, including but not limited to turnover/retention, training, onboarding, employee relations, unemployment and recruiting. Make conclusions from analysis and provide insights for report users and management.
- Manage direct report(s), responsible for selection, training, performance management, and development for movement within department and/or organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively plan and direct multiple projects
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated influencing capability
- Attention to detail and ability to provide quality results within required deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings and present to large groups
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) skills
Work Experience and/or Education:
A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related discipline. Requires proven track record of progressive HR experience at a manager level. Preferably, 5-7 years HR experience with 3 years supervisory/management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Apply on company website