Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Calibrates inventory accuracy of warehouse and pick line locations on which inventory flow (reorder) decisions are based.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Counts each pick line and storage location for items displayed in the cycle count work queue.
- Verifies packing, retail price, and description for items being cycle counted.
- Researches and reconciles all findings daily.
- Troubleshoots inventory problems and reports inventory issues that require immediate attention to area supervisor.
- Adjusts existing inventory data when necessary.
- Completes all SBCC counts daily.
- Completes all system scheduled counts, control group counts, and food counts daily.
- Participates in ESS sampling and performs counts with external auditor.
- Programs, troubleshoots problems with, and operates radio frequency units.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Intermediate math skills and analytical skills.
- Computer skills: ability to navigate specific WMS inventory control programs and Island Pacific programs; understanding of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of UPC functionality and food date codes.
- Knowledgeable of packing and shipping units; understanding of receiving process.
- Knowledgeable of adjustment accounting such as net and absolute adjustments.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse operations to include layout and types of storage devices.
- Ability to eliminate distractions and to be able to concentrate and analyze during the counting process.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Forklift/MUOP license required.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Prior work experience dealing with inventory or numbers preferred.
- Educational background with satisfactory results in math; post high school education preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Exposure to heights above 10 feet.
- Walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Cycle Counter Lead: works mostly in an office setting, but will occasionally be in distribution center.
- Cycle Counter: continuous exposure to heat, cold, dust, lighting, and noise; work is conducted in high traffic areas.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website