The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist middle school students as they interact with the STEM Explorer modules set up as a hands-on museum we take out to the schools on our mobile lab.
- Set up modules at the start of the school visit and pack up modules at the end of the visit.
- Assist high school students as they design and model their prototypes in SOLIDWORKS® over several weeks.
- Restock STEM Explorer supplies and change out on-board modules.
- Clean and organize workspace on a daily basis.
- Develop new student modules.
- Support STEM Explorer Supervisor in developing, modifying, and trouble-shooting modules.
- Support program as needed; may include administrative assistant duties.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and with diverse population of students, teachers, and other team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment and complete a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability and ability to apply creative solutions to unpredictable challenges.
- At least 20 credit hours of college level courses in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn STEM concepts for each student module.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in high school level mathematics.
- Strong verbal communication and listening abilities.
- Ability to guide students through modules.
- Computer skills that include booting and starting software on PC computers, iPad tablets, and gaming systems.
- Able to lift objects up to 50lbs.
- Availability on M, W, F and some weekend and evening dates; ability to work flexible schedule including some early and late hours.
- Reliable own transportation and ability to transport self to regional schools.
- Ability to learn on the job
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED
- 40 credits of college level courses in STEM.
- Microsoft Office software experience.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS® or another 3D parametric modeling program.
- Computer programming experience
-Arduino and Tcl programming language
-Raspberry pi experience preferred
-C and Lua programming language
- Experience working with middle or high school age students.
- Secondary Education course work.
- Ability to use basic hand tools to repair or build new modules.
- Familiarity with Stratasys FDM 3D printers.
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
Apply on company website