Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation.
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you searching for a fast paced and multifaceted environment where you can show your passion for helping others? If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, apply to our Pharmacist role at Omnicare today! We can't wait to meet you!
As a pharmacist for our Long Term Care Pharmacy you will work in an exciting, dynamic and fast paced environment, ensuring the continuation of pharmacy management's goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. This pharmacist will provide routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the centers. We are looking for someone who has a phenomenal work ethic to provide outstanding service and to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer both efficiently and safely.
• Ensure accurate entry of orders
• Maintain security of the pharmacy
• Adhere to required delivery schedules
• Verify orders entered by technician staff for accuracy.
• Check for completeness and precision of all new and refill labels and orders.
• Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
• Preparation and/or supervision of sterile IV drug products or solutions, if required.
• Assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
• Knowledge of DEA and state law with regards to controlled drug dispensing.
• Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled rotation based on the needs of the business.
• Follow all applicable state and government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned (these vary by location).
This pharmacist will be an integral member of the pharmacy team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful pharmacists demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to prioritize the workflow. The contributions you will make as a Pharmacist in this role will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
This is a PART TIME position that works like a PRN/per diem-type position offering anywhere from 0-40 hours/week. There is no guarantee of hours in any given week. This pharmacist will cover PTO for candidates so this is a true 0-40 hour position.
The shifts scheduled would be anywhere from 0-40 hours per week. The shifts would be scheduled weekdays between 8:30am-6pm and Saturdays from 8:30-5:00pm. There is also an opportunity for some on-call on occasion. This pharmacist will cover PTO/Leave/Sick time for the pharmacist staff.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Louisiana, must be active & in good standing
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Long Term Care experience
IV Pharmacy experience
Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website