FULL TIME BENEFITED
The Pharmacy technician demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of Covenant Healthcare and the commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation. Performs accurate and efficient technical support tasks to assist and follow the supervision and direction of the Pharmacist in the preparation, dispensing, and delivery of pharmaceuticals and other supplies. Maintains stock levels of pharmaceuticals and other supplies. Provides pharmacy services to patients of all ages. Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of technician capability.
Participates in cost containment efforts through efficient use of supplies, services, and time management.
Follows all Covenant Healthcare policies in regards to attendance, punctuality, and break times.
Models Covenant's Mission, Vision and Values of keeping our commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
Demonstrates excellent customer service.
Communicates with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating.
Accepting written prescriptions or refill requests from patients and evaluating information for completeness and accuracy.
Counting prescription medication, filling prescriptions, and typing and attaching medication labels.
Work with Case Management, Nursing, and physicians to help ensure patients receive theri discharge medications before leaving Covenant HealthCare through Covenant HealthCare's meds to beds" program.
Answering all incoming phone calls, assisting where possible and transferring when necessary to pharmacists.
Participates in unit meetings, inservices, and activities which support unit function and the overall goals of the organization.
Passing competency exams as required
Other duties as assigned.
• Math and pharmaceutical proficiency must be demonstrated by testing and observation.
• Must be able to work well with the public and able to be tactful in often hectic and stressful situations. Includes proper phone etiquette.
• Must be able to type and use basic Windows computer applications.
• Sound judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues and material.
• Ability to work with accuracy and meet established deadlines.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Current Pharmacy Technician Certification from a Nationally recognized organization.
• If exceptions are made, the technician must obtain certification no later than six months after employment or employment will be terminated.
• Current Pharmacy Technician Licensure in the State of Michigan.
• Previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician including compounding sterile products.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to maintain punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Frequent lifting 0-10 lbs.
• Frequent standing, walking, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision, midrange vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision and field of vision
• Occasional lifting 11-50 lbs.
• Occasional sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, reaching, handling and far vision
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website