Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor and Delivery (L&D) unit, you will coordinate and provide patient care for all assigned patients. You will conduct initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, develop an individualized patient care plan, provide family-centered patient teaching, identify and correct variances from the patient care plan, and facilitate discharge planning and teaching.
* You will complete an admission interview upon patient arrival and completely document the patient assessment
* You will identify changes in the patients condition and act promptly and appropriately to report changes to the physician or charge nurse
* You will assess and document patient educational needs and instructions given upon admission and throughout hospitalization
* You will provide psychological and social support to the patient and family
* You will facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning
* You will accurately administer and legibly document medications
* You will keep the physician and/or Clinical Nurse Coordinator aware of significant information or changes related to the patient and family
* You will continuously evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will provide individualized nursing interventions based on the plan of care, and document patient responses to interventionsWhat qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
St. Davids Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the regions largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. Davids Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. Davids Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, womens services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website