STRATEGY AND TRANSFORMATION LEAD PRIVATE BANK
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a member of the Private Bank senior management team, this position is responsible for designing, developing, and executing on the business model and operational plan derived from the broad strategy and transformation plan established by Private Bank (PB) leadership team. This role requires the development and execution of Private Bank transformation, teams formation and then doing the work and leading the implementation of multi strategy initiatives, and providing leadership and guidance across businesses and functional areas involved in transformation so that sales results increase, leads generated increase and banker productivity increase. This position has a multi focused role leading Strategy, Sales Execution and Client Experience. •Strategy: Develops, leads and implements strategic growth strategies and initiatives that help CNB Private Bank transform, and grow profitably as well as market share and presence•Sales and Client Experience: Builds strategic sales execution business systems and go-to-market strategies that support business development with bottom line impact. Develops a strategic sales strategy within the firm which is seamlessly linked with sales organization.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Strategy and Transformation
- Support the EVP, Private Bank in all strategic initiatives in setting and executing key strategic priorities for the firm, and in developing go-to-market strategies for the Private Bank including Trust & Estate administration services.
- Create the growth strategy of the firm in line with the EVP, Private Bank's vision by defining the businesses growth agenda, provide strategic input and leadership on decision making issues affecting organizational planning and business model transformation, and offer/develop new ideas and approaches.
- Establish strategic priorities on a rolling basis, reassessing status and adjusting plans as necessary. Monitor company and market performance to determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced.
- Fully develop the company's future value proposition by developing, identifying and evaluating emerging industry trends, demographic and economic and strategic analysis, emerging disruptive/competitive threats, continual improvement and organizational transformation. Identify longer term opportunities that provide competitive advantage for the company's products and services. Interpret research and develops novel proposals to enable Private Bank to take full advantage of emerging trends which contribute to revenue, profit and market growth.
- Plan and manage the launch of large multi focused strategic initiatives to implement the Private Bank's strategic future value proposition. Help create coherent Private Bank sales.
- Develop and implement thought leadership and the strategic frameworks that will guide the transformation of key Private Bank businesses (i.e., Segmentation frameworks, product “tiering”, etc.).
- Lead strategic transformation: - Connect with front line and understand its perspectives and challenges. - Provide guidance to the firm's strategic communication effort. - Emphasize and align the key functions of strategy planning, business transformation, process improvement, and client experience and technology. Review existing business plans and concepts and develop appropriate plans and strategies with support from the executive management team to ensure the continued successful growth and integration of Private Banking and Trust
- Act as strategic partner to CNB PB leaders in their respective functional areas; help identify opportunities for growth and efficiency.
- Demonstrate the change ready mindset required for the transformation – and in the process help change the pace, energy and mindset across the stakeholders at the firm – including senior leadership. Build and sustain effective relationships and alliances both internally and across CNB so as to ensure growth opportunities are identified, analyzed and managed appropriately. Understand and manage complex interdependencies among internal and external stakeholders to achieve success.
- Interact with and present to Bank leadership as needed.
- Sales Execution and CX/AX
- Develop coherent sales strategies (forward-looking) and programs.
- Create the strategic sales execution and sales engine: develop a new business system to enhance growth by linking together sales and execution.
- Transform sales execution into a strategic and proactive functional capability – critical to the firm's successful digital transformation.
- Business development and profitable growth:Create and launch strategic business systems which will directly impact growth.Develop programs that are focused on acquiring new relationships. - Guide the CNB marketing team to create campaigns, events, content and methodologies that can be implemented in-market to acquire new leads.Enhance relationships with existing clients. - Create deeper partnerships with our clients to help them grow faster - Develop customized growth programs - Collaborate and drive these programs holistically
- Drive the strategic aspects of client experience initiatives.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree
- 15-20 years of experience in banking or management consulting with a strong focus on strategy and transformation.
- 15-20 years of management and leadership experience.
- 15 years of management experience including business development, marketing, client experience, go-to-market strategies, building sales and marketing systems and client relationships.
- 10-15 years of experience in senior leadership roles interacting and collaborating with C-suite leaders, and advising them on their strategic agenda.
Skills and Knowledge
- Executive leadership roles with strong strategy, transformation and change management background in Financial Services sector
- Demonstrated skill set/capabilities in sales, sales execution, client experience, business development, analytics, and CRM
- Proven track record of successfully managing teams at a leadership level and guiding these teams to drive business improvements
- Capability to conceptualize, develop and implement business systems that help implement strategic initiatives – business systems that have material bottom line impact
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in sales execution and client experience strategy development and implementation
- Strong executive presence and communication skills; relationship builder with strong problem solving, execution oriented and ability to influence and drive change. Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Demonstrate domain knowledge and expertise in a range of skills, such as business model development, financial modeling, client relationship management, business analytics, product portfolio planning, organizational strategy, channel and go-to-market models, client/market research etc.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and fostering relationships with internal and external partners and clients
- Inspiring leadership to motivate and mentor team members, assess talent, and develop individuals and high-performing teams (dream teams)
- In depth understanding of the company's various businesses and business processes and the competitive landscape and must articulate complex and challenging business issues to executive management
- Expertise in organizing, managing and leading large scale workshops across cross-functional teams involving brainstorming, ideating and value proposition development
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Expertise in project managing complex, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects
- Strategic thinking and innovative mindset. Strong influencer with a consultative approach.
- Creativity, and a comfort with a “blank sheet of paper” assignments
- Self-confidence, self-accountability, self-learning, and self-motivation
- High energy, strong spirit, emotional resiliency
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website