RELATIONSHIP MANAGER SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? This person is responsible for motivating, coaching, directing, and managing the branch sales process including establishing goals and objectives and monitoring results. This includes results from both the Relationship Managers who report to them, their own portfolio growth and development, and referrals and cross-sells from the service team.Managing each Relationship Manager includes making sure each has a clearly defined business development plan that is consistently applied incorporating a disciplined sales and service practices focused on retention and expansion of existing relationships and acquisition of new relationships. In addition they will be responsible for development and growth of their own client portfolio.This person will actively work with other areas of CNB to ensure exemplary service for clients. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for developing new clients through referrals and extensive calling efforts. Motivate and offer sales assistance to other branch colleagues in support of branch goals and objectives. Responsible for tracking the sales efforts and reporting results to Management. Develop strong partnerships with center of influences in and around the community.
- Manages a portfolio of existing clients and actively deepens client relationships through cross-selling efforts. Develops and maintains relationships within the internal CNB community to facilitate service issues and opportunities for clients and prospects.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of sales colleagues reporting to this position. Coach and develop sales colleagues to ensure sales success including reinforcement of colleague skills and behaviors, sharing strategies, and accompanying on joint calls to clients and prospects. This also includes review of sales activities and results, and provides additional sales development training as needed.
- Develops and executes sales strategies, branch marketing plan and business development programs. Monitors, evaluates, recommends and implements adjustments to program to ensure achievement of goals. With Branch Manager, customizes individual branch plan to meet local market needs.
- Provides coaching and training in support of colleague development with emphasis on sales effectiveness achieved through implementation of sound business development plan. Accompanies colleagues on client/prospect calls to help them enhance their calling skills.
- Calls on and collaborates with client prospects and existing clients to determine their financial needs and formulates a relationship development plan that specifies ways in which products and services can meet their business or personal objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure branch capitalizes on competitive opportunities.
- Interacts in an effective and professional manner with all levels of Bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality client service.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Ensures that decisions made are consistent with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations, and that the risk associated with those decisions can be effectively managed.
- Responsible for tracking individual performance goals and results in a timely and accurate manner for reporting purposes.
- Maintains liaison with city loan center.
- Motivates direct reports and creates an environment within the branch that empowers the staff to provide the support for this person to actively solicit new profitable business.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years of direct sales experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience required.
- *Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank products and services.
- Understanding of various phases of sales management, including planning, goal setting, project/time management and selling techniques.
- Accomplished sales skills.
- Strong business development skills.
- Good managerial skills with emphasis on planning and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of operations, regulatory compliance and banking regulations preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
#CR-JREqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website