WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Distribution channel focused on Cross Border Banking clients – working closely with Business Development Officer's ("BDO's") of the Cross Border Banking ("CBB") team to enhance and develop relationships from initial introduction stage. Partnering collaboratively with CBB BDO's as they identify new relationship opportunities, you will support CBB Team in expanding their new client relationships and meeting their client's banking & financial goals with CNB products and services. Lead the Bank's concierge approach to on-boarding and supporting the expansion of client relationships. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Work collaboratively with CBB (Cross Border Banking) team to deepen client relationships through cross selling bank solutions and delivering financial services to new clients.
• Partner with CBB team on client/prospect calling activities using consultative approach, determine client needs and recommend appropriate product/services.
• Ultimate responsibility for the interaction and management off existing and new relationships to ensure that each client has access to the full breath of services across the full banking and credit spectrum (specific to foreign nationals as outlined in policy) and provide a superior overall client experience.
• Manage expectations and provide guidance and advice throughout the on-boarding and relationship maintenance process.
• Manages an active client relationship portfolio with an emphasis on expanding existing relationships and adding new qualified relationships. Responsible for conducting regular client portfolio reviews with, as appropriate to maintain outstanding communication and identify new opportunities.
• Ensures timely collection of financial documents, prepares competent Business Information Transmittal for new and renewing credit – as outlined in policy specific to foreign national clients as part of CBB initiative
• Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure capitalization on competitive opportunities.
• Responsible for maintaining proper documentation and accountable for KYC and BSA along with CM (Client Manager) to ensure that operational stability and controls are in place and maintained.
• Interacts in an effective and professional manner with all levels of Bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality client service.
• May need to represent the Bank by actively participating in outside professional activities as appropriate.
• Ensures that decisions made are consistent with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations, and that the risk associated with those decisions can be effectively managed.
• Responsible for tracking individual performance goals and results in a timely and accurate manner for reporting purposes by utilizing the current bank technologies.
• Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
• May involve occasional out-of-state travel.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Minimum 5 years of direct sales experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial institution required.
• Minimum 3 years of new accounts with a strong focus on business development experience required.
• Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
• Strong knowledge of credit underwriting.
• Strong knowledge of operations, regulatory compliance and banking regulations preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of bank products and services.
• Strong knowledge of various phases of sales management, including planning, goal setting, project/time management and selling techniques.
• Accomplished sales skills and working knowledge of consumer & business lending; understanding of business credit & underwriting; and actively managing a portfolio of discerning clients.
• Excellent business development and client relationship skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong motivational and leadership skills
• Experience in developing and executing sales strategies, branch marketing and business development.
• Understanding of various phases of sales management, including planning, goal setting and selling techniques.
• Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure branch capitalizes on competitive opportunities.
• Strong computer skills
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Apply on company website