PRIVATE BANKING OFFICER I
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Provides day-to-day servicing for Private Banking clients, relieving Client Managers and/or Private Bankers from performing account specific operational responsibility. Resolves client inquiries/complaints and identifies cross-selI opportunities by assessing deposit portfolio and client needs. Works directly with clients in all areas of deposit operations (e.g., wires, new deposit accounts, checking and savings account activity, CDs, loan payments and advances, etc.). Provides clients with accurate, timely and extensive information to ensure quality service and client retention. Oversees the risk associated with the operational aspects of client servicing and transaction processing for the portfolio supported.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Risk Management/Compliance
- Within authority, perform deposit operations-related activities within the department. Review and process deposits. Approve checks for cashing. Process deposit fee reversals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of account activity by reviewing various reports and systems. Identify potential problems and take appropriate action necessary to avoid financial loss to the Bank.
- Facilitate new deposit account and small business consumer lending requests by providing disclosures, gathering documents and initiates ongoing communication with the client.
- Complete KYCs for new clients/entities/loans .
- Follow up with client for missing documentation on DARS report.
- Respond timely and accurately to inquiries from the Bank's Financial Intelligence Unit (KYC/AML) and/or other Support Unit's regarding client transactions and account activity.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures and ensure adherence to the Bank's regulatory requirements.
- Client Services
- Act as primary liaison between the client and all areas of the bank. Perform follow up with all client requests to ensure completion and satisfaction.
- Resolve client inquiries and complaints and take appropriate action to prevent future problems. Contact clients regarding overdrafts (or other related problems) and perform follow-up necessary to resolve situation. Determine appropriate method of approach.
- Cross Sell
- Analyze client needs in order to cross-sell a wide variety of Bank services. Introduce clients to appropriate area within the Bank such as Wealth Management, International, Treasury Management, or to a Private Banker. Maintain complete knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Participate in cross sell activities independently or with the Private Banker, as appropriate. Channel referrals/warm leads from existing clients to the Private Banker or Private Banker Manager.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in client service, banking operations or Private Banking relationship management support required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with bank products and services (e.g. deposits, cash management, international, etc.) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong risk management and operations knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with clients and bank colleagues at all levels.
- Solid knowledge of all phases of operations (e.g., installment loans, new accounts, loan payments, statement handling, wires).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Achieve digital mastery; demonstrates capabilities to adapt learn, and utilize evolving automation and technology to perform the job
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
#ca-vl.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website