Job Details: PAYMENTS FRAUD ANALYTICS LEAD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Payments Fraud Analytics Lead, leads the Bank's fraud prevention and risk management activities for payment systems to mitigate both the Bank's and our clients' exposure to potential fraudulent activities. The manager is responsible for evaluating industry, client and situational/threat trends by payment type, as well as cross-channel. This position is responsible for ongoing analytics and recommendations which are presented to senior executive management enterprisewide, and used to rapidly respond to emerging fraudulent activities. In addition, the manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Bank's Fraud Prevention analytics to support new products such as Zelle, as well as new product features such as increases to existing debit cards.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop the Bank's payments fraud strategy to minimize the Bank's payments fraud losses.
- Assess trends impacting payments fraud and provide real-time recommendations to mitigate potential fraud against the Bank and clients.
- Define, formulate and create complex analytical models to assess payments fraud activities. Create models to assess payments fraud activity within a specific payment system and across payment systems.
- Serve a Bank's Knowledge Expert on Payments Fraud and accountable for developing the Bank's Payments Fraud Strategy. Actively participate on key payments initiatives.
- Perform complex analysis and/or modeling to identify patterns of fraudulent transactions and to prevent fraudulent usage of ATM/Debit/Credit Cards/Wires. New payment types such as Zelle are expected within the next few months..
- Create, test and implement rule criteria in applicable detection systems (e.g., VCAS, VRM, TSYS, BAE, etc.). Balance fraud prevention recommendations with client experience considerations. (note: Updates may be required on a 24/7/365 basis to prevent fraud.)
- Analyze loss data and recommending/implementing appropriate loss prevention strategies. In addition, evaluate fraud cases and losses holistically to identify potential trends, and areas of improvement.
- Participate actively participate in development of Fraud Policies and Risk Management activities, supporting a broad-spectrum of business units across the Bank.
- Develop and produce executive key performance metrics and report to senior management and enterprise risk.
- Create and deliver reports as requested by clients, implement state of the art analysis tools and forecast processes that ensure global delivery of actionable information as necessary.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years in financial services experience with deep knowledge of payment systems. Demonstrated ability to work in an enterprise wide role and to lead through influence.
- Minimum 3 years with Falcon (or comparable system) fraud strategy and rule writing
- Minimum 3 years of experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of data and its impact in both operational and financial areas.
- Prefer 7 years in financial services experience with deep knowledge of payment systems. Demonstrated ability to work in an enterprise wide role and to lead through influence.
- Prefer 5 years with Falcon (or comparable system) fraud strategy and rule writing
- Prefer 5 years of experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring.
- Ability to create and maintain complex mathematical models.
- Outstanding communications skills and ability to clearly communicate with both senior executives and staff.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk principles and procedures.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of data into concise presentations with sound business conclusions.
- Thorough knowledge of PC computing environment, experience with database/data warehouses, and experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring.
- Experience with FICO Falcon Fraud Manager strategy writing a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers.
- Must be able to work in a high-productive, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website