FULL STACK LEAD ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Lead Full Senior Engineer is a working lead that provides functional guidance and may coordinates the daily activities of individual contributors or working teams. The Lead also is an advanced senior professional with wide ranging experience who uses various concepts and in-depth evaluation to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.The Lead Full Stack Engineer develops and leads Team Member in developing both front-end and back-end solutions. Designs, develops, updates/maintains solutions and provides technical guidance to other Team Members.At this level the main challenge is to support junior Team Members to identify causes and implement solutions to complex business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business.The Lead Full Stack Engineer is a working lead, who solves complex problems, takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.The colleague in this position would be comfortable with the following activities:Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to senior management. Lead & participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots. Collects & in-depth analyzes business requirements for large projects. Performs in-depth feasibility studies, translates complex requirements into an appropriate design
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provides technical guidance to Members of the Team
- May coordinate the daily activities of a team. Assigns tasks, set priorities. Serves as first point of contact to individual contributors before escalting to management.
- Help lead in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Write great quality code with a drive for automated testing and validation based on the You Build You Own (YBYO) model.
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Research, influence and implement vendor dependency to simplify the architecture.
- Implement, maintain and update CI/CD pipelines on a cloud environment.
- Collaborate with business partners, architects and other groups to identify complex technical and functional needs of systems based on priority.
- Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications.
- Design and develop API's for Omni-channel clients.
- Build APIs and UIs to help make use of large data sets, infrastructure and user experience.
- Owns the full lifecycle for web software development, from ideas to production.
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within broad business area, usually as a senior member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Creates and educates on programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Create and review programming documentations and recommend changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 7+ years of software development experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience: Java, .NET, Python
- Minimum of 7+ years coordinating team efforts in a project or operations environment
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL)
- Minimum of 5+ years in full stack development for cloud solutions (Azure or AWS) - Azure preferred
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
Skills and Knowledge
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CA-LKEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website