CRA OFFICER I
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops and maintains an effective Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) program that meets compliance requirements. Develops a needs assessment program that includes all communities served by the Bank. Conducts and coordinates community development efforts for the Bank. Assists in developing and implementing community forums to receive input from the public on how to improve the Bank's services and providing community education on CRA matters and community development. May assess and pursue opportunities for the Bank and participate in government-related programs and projects.
Legal and Corporate Administration Group
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Legal & Corporate Administration Group, the area of the bank that manages legal and corporate governance, community reinvestment, corporate premises and corporate security.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Supports the Bank's programs in order to comply with the Community Reinvestment and Fair Lending Acts.
- Identifies meaningful CRA service, lending and investment opportunities.
- Attends community events as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Clearly communicates CRA program recommendations that are consistent with Bank policies and procedures.
- Performs other function to achieve CRA and Fair Lending objectives, as necessary.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Monitors and qualifies CRA loans for compliance reporting.
- Coordinates and produces annual Loan to Deposit Ratio analysis report.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years CRA/Compliance reporting experience relative to lending, investments and service.
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of CRA lending, credit analysis and financial statements.
- Knowledge of banking products, lending laws and regulatory requirements. Solid analyses, problem resolution and organization skills.
- Must have good customer relations, negotiation and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various communities and businesses.
- Must be able to use various word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CRA and Fair Lending.
- Strong knowledge of CRA loan qualification process and OCC reporting.
- Working knowledge of the Bank's products and services.
- Knowledge of marketing and lending desirable.
- Knowledge in reading and analyzing Tax Returns.
- Ability to read, accurately interpret and communicate in an understandable format federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRAWiz, Salesforce.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website