BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ADMINISTRATOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Sr. Business Objects Administrator will be responsible for the administering and maintaining the Business Objects (BO) environments and providing day-to-day operational support. Responsibilities will also include report, universe and dashboard development of new and existing content.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for configuration, optimization, installation, troubleshooting and on-going maintenance for all BO 3.1 application server environments and client tools.
- Coordinate and communicate planned upgrades, enhancements and maintenance outage windows. Apply BO Service Packs, Fix Packs and other potential add-ons.
- Configure various BO services to tune the environment to changes in usage patterns and application enhancements.
- Monitor Daily/Nightly Business Objects Services and scheduled reporting.
- Promote and manage content across environments. Migrate Reports, Universes, Dashboards, etc. using Import Wizard and/or LifeCycle Manager for Business Objects 3.1
- Onboard new users and set up accounts based on complex security structures.
- Responsible for maintaining CMC security model.
- Perform regular BO repository maintenance which includes cleaning orphaned Connections/Universes/Documents.
- Perform modifications to Web Intelligence and Deski Reports.
- Work with users to troubleshoot existing reports as issues occur.
- Perform updates and modification to existing universes based on requirements.
- Perform new universe and report development based on user requirements.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Business, IT stake holders, testers and developers to gain understanding of problem and resolution.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 7 years of administration experience with Business Objects technical platform.
- Minimum 5 years of Report development experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Business Objects 3.1 Administration (Content and Server).
Skills and Knowledge
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- SAP Certification for Business Objects a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the Central Management Console.
- SSO and NT Authentication integration is a plus.
- Business Objects 3.1 Designer - Experience with database schemas, relational databases and knowledge of how to develop and maintain Universes for different schemas.
- Experience with Business Objects Web Intelligence, Rich Client and Deski.
- Xcelsius and Explorer prior experience is a huge plus
- Business Objects installations, upgrades and deployments.
- Ability to work independently or within a team depending on the problem that needs to be solved
- Must demonstrate ability to be flexible.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Must stay current with new technology and business solutions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website