The Advancement Marketing team develops and executes hundreds of thousands of communications/touchpoints to 100,000+ members of the Brown community (alumni, parents, friends, etc.) on behalf of The Brown Fund, Brown University Sports Foundation, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, Brown Medical Annual Fund, Office of Planned Giving, etc. To this end, the team leverages direct mail, student calling, texting, email, and social media for marketing purposes. The Direct Marketing Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for creating, implementing, and refining a comprehensive, direct-marketing quality assurance plan; this plan will outline policies and protocols to minimize the risk of errors across all marketing channels and to ensure that the highest standards are met for all communications.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will work with each marketing channel lead to conduct complete, periodic audits of testing and proofing procedures to identify and address any potential gaps, inconsistencies, or out-of-date practices. Additionally, the Assurance Specialist will maintain extensive documentation for each process, while continuously providing thoughtful ways to improve current procedures. Given the dynamic nature of direct-marketing, this role will also be responsible for developing testing plans and proofing protocols for all new or evolving marketing channels.
Furthermore, the Quality Assurance Specialist will also take the lead role in the execution of the quality control steps throughout the entire process for each marketing effort and will manage the final review of all marketing data and samples. This will require extensive collaboration with the members of the marketing team, in addition to partners across the division.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years' experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher-education or non-profit setting highly desirable.
- Fundraising and marketing experience a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading ability; must be able to communicate with a varied University constituency.
- Creativity, motivation, and superior problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to word-processing, spreadsheet, mail merge, and database software required. Experience with database query tools preferred. Computer expertise and continued interest in maintaining and improving skills. Computer proficiency in word processing, including knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel (required), PowerPoint (required), and familiarity with navigating the internet (required). Comfortable working with relational databases such as Blackbaud CRM.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-06-09-07:00
Job Posting Title:Direct Marketing Quality Assurance Specialist
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website