Primary City/State:Tucson, Arizona
Department Name:Fac Opns-Acad-Tucson-Corp
Job Category:Facilities and Environmental Services
Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
This position is a 11pm to 7:30am Tuesday thru Saturday. As a groundskeeper at Banner, the position consists of working with other groundskeepers pressure washing different areas of the hospital, parking garages, and walk ways. Operating a large sweeper scrubber that cleans the garage floors. Apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for maintaining the facility landscaping, parking areas and roadways, sidewalks, smoking areas, and exterior trash receptacles by operating all landscape associated equipment. Performs preventative and corrective maintenance for this facilities landscape, irrigation systems and grounds equipment.
1. Performs routine maintenance of facility grounds by operating all power and/or hand equipment required to keep the facility's lawns, trees, shrubs, and flower beds in a clean, safe, and attractive condition. Maintains weed control and removes dead foliage.
2. Inspects and maintains grounds and sidewalks, breezeways, parking lots, roadways, and facility entrances in a safe, clean, and attractive condition free of hazards. Operates sweepers and blowers for parking areas and roadways. Routinely empties all ashtrays and trash receptacles and picks up litter throughout the exterior areas of the campus. Maintains compactor and landscape debris waste containers.
3. Monitors and performs routine maintenance on landscape sprinkler/irrigation systems. Repairs, adds and replaces irrigation system components as needed.
4. Coordinates the preventative maintenance program of all grounds tools and equipment to include cleaning, sharpening, minor tune-ups, charging, and function checks.
5. Coordinates the preventative maintenance program of all grounds tools and equipment to include cleaning, sharpening, minor tune-ups, charging, and function checks. Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
6. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities within the scope of the position. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
Must be able to operate all required equipment used in landscaping. Must be capable of functioning independently as well as in a team environment to complete all necessary duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with grounds keeping maintenance equipment.
One or more years of diversified grounds keeping / landscaping work experience as a groundskeeper with the ability to demonstrate skills of related fields. Possession of a current driver's license preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website