At BAE Systems, our motto is “We Protect Those That Protect Us”. Enabling this motto are engineering teams developing and producing exciting electronic equipment for the US Military and friendly forces. BAE Systems has a stimulating opportunity for an energetic well-qualified Reliability, Maintainability, and Product Safety (RMS) Engineer to join our team. This engineer will work on teams developing and producing communication, avionics and Electronic Counter Measures for airborne and shipboard platforms. BAE Systems' RMS Engineers are involved with every stage of the equipment lifecycle from early concept through development, Integration & Test, production and field support. The selected candidate will have significant interaction across the company including program office, all engineering disciplines and production functions and this will provide for a fast-paced, educational, and fulfilling experience. Your efforts will have a positive impact on front line warfighter's effectiveness and daily quality of life.
We are seeking a Senior RMS Engineer with a Bachelor's degree to join our Reliability Science engineering team here at BAE Systems Electronic Systems. The candidate will have opportunities to apply their RMS Engineering skills and their Electrical Engineering education to analyze digital and analog electronics, power supplies, and systems of electronic modules, to ensure reliability, maintainability and safety requirements are achieved. Your self-starting enthusiasm for technology, and ability to investigate and solve problems, will propel you to become an integral part of our innovative teams, influence product development, and engage technical leadership opportunities.
In this job, you will:
- Perform on projects as an individual contributor or a point person responsible to the program(s). Perform Design-for Reliability and Maintainability including reliability and maintainability modeling and analysis and safety assessments requiring the full use and wide application of engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents. Conduct research to provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems and proposals. Make independent technical decisions to improve the RMS attributes of the equipment.
- Plan and conduct a variety of reliability and maintainability tests to meet reliability and maintainability goals. Present findings and conclusions with recommended corrective actions to both internal management as well as our customers.
- Perform failure trend analysis, failure investigation and root cause analysis. Coordinate failure analysis with vendors or failure analysis labs. Prepare and review failure reports for publication. Present findings and conclusions with recommended corrective actions to both internal management as well as our customers.
- As an individual contributor or team member, actively participate in proposal activities. Prepare proposal inputs including cost and time phasing of tasks, and capture of Risks and Opportunities for management.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Our Senior Reliability, Maintainability, and Product Safety (RMS) performs the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 4 or more years of relevant engineering experience
- US Citizenship and eligibility for a Secret security clearance
- Reliability Predictions and MTBF Modeling
- Part Stress Analysis
- Maintainability Analysis
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Reliability Testing
- Testability Built-In Test (BIT) Analysis
- Maintainability/BIT Demonstration testing
- Support production by performing Failure Analysis and Corrective Action activities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Highly Desirable (these skills/experiences are not required but will set a candidate apart from the rest):
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and 2 or more years of relevant engineering experience within the Reliability Sciences disciplines.
- Reliability, Maintainability & Safety analysis and reliability growth software tools experience / awareness using ReliaSoft preferred
- Experience working in a project and team based environment
- A desire to learn and take on challenging work
- Strong communication skills
- Make independent technical decisions. Accomplish most Reliability, Maintainability & Safety tasks independently, however may need some supervision
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website