The selected candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Lays out and assembles components and circuitry and builds prototype or production equipment according to schematics, technical manuals, verbal instructions and knowledge of electronic systems and components. Aligns and joins parts into housings using hand tools, power tools and various soldering and routes and laces cables.
2. Installs components and parts on chassis, circuit boards, panels and other units using power tools, hand tools and various soldering and routes and attaches wires and connectors to form circuitry and connect assembly with power supply sources.
3. Wires various wire cable assemblies to both inside and outside chassis. Assembles and attaches functional and cosmetic hardware such as caps, clamps and knobs using hand and power tools.
4. Installs finished assemblies and subassemblies in cabinets. Performs touch up painting of cabinets prior to shipping.
5. May recommend changes in component layout or installation practices to simplify assembly and maintenance.
6. Interprets blueprints and engineering change orders in order to complete installation of sub assemblies and equipment in electrical cabinets and chassis.
7. Performs testing and inspection using magnifying devices, fixed and movable measuring instruments and electronic test equipment to insure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and are defect free. May align, adjust, calibrate and repair such equipment according to specification
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in St. Mary's County, near to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High school diploma and at least four years related experience
Knowledge of Cable Fabrication IAW MIL-STD-2003-5
Fiber Optic Certification as approved by the Department of the Navy
Basic knowledge and background involving installation of electrical equipment and electrical cables into electrical cabinets
Mechanical experience using basic hand tools
Ability to successfully complete Cable Fabrication School (requires the ability to distinguish colors)
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Strong mechanical background
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website