Join a dynamic team that provides mission critical software capabilities across a growing and diverse portfolio of Government customers. The candidate will be offered a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports the Mission Management and Precision engagement (M2Pe) Product Line of the BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector.
The selected candidate will coordinate and manage complex proposals, contracts and contract modifications. Candidates will apply and expand on knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract administration, including negotiations and regular communication with customers and management. Candidates will develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Thorough understanding of USG acquisition and procurement environment, contracts function, adherence to company policies, commercial contracting methods, export regulations, FAR/DFAR, and other requirements.
- Lead and manage complex proposals/solicitations, prepare summaries with attention to financial and business risk, prepare terms, conditions and assumptions, review technical and pricing bids for accuracy and consistency. Prepare proposal documents for submittal to customers. Coordinate with other company functions to ensure reviews are scheduled and conducted. Interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to Senior Leadership to obtain required signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts, NDAs, Terms and Conditions and MOU/MOAs.
- Perform and monitor all aspects of assigned contracts including accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, amendments, account receivables, delivery schedules, legal matters etc.
- Primary point of contact between the company and customer for contractual matters. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Program Office, Engineering, Finance and Subcontracts and Property Management teams.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Contracting experience (reviewing / negotiating terms, managing changes and disputes)
- Experience with agreements and other contracts (ex. NDAs, software license agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel and customers
- Makes decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable federal laws and regulations
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of work experience
- Proven experience with intellectual property
- NCMA Certifications
- Active Secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website