JOB DESCRIPTION: Assists pharmacists in the preparation of prescriptions, waiting on customers, operation of cash register, inventory monitoring, third party processing, inventory work and clerical assistance. Attends periodic area meetings. Attends required in services and skills development courses. Is expected to uphold the hospital's five key values and to be a team player at all times. May be cross-trained for coverage in other retail pharmacy locations and other pharmacy practice settings.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technology course preferred.
- One-year previous pharmacy experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- PTCB technician certification (CPhT) preferred.
- North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration required within 30 days of employment.
- PTCB technician certification (CPhT) within 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Assists the pharmacist in preparing and processing medication orders/prescriptions to ensure that patients and departments receive medications when needed and are accurately charged for services. 2. Works cooperatively with others and organizes daily workflow to optimize output. 3. Assists with stock maintenance to ensure that quality in-date drug products and supplies are available when needed. 4. Provides pharmacy service to the patient care areas. 5. Participates in the team approach to quality improvement to support the Pharmacy Department's commitment to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality. 6. Maintains updated knowledge and skills and contributes to the education of others. 7. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives. 8. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. 9. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to talk with patients/caregivers and others to obtain and provide information in a professional manner.
- Solid math, typing and computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good attendance and performance records.
- Must have a positive attitude and be committed to the goals and objectives of the Department.
- Must perform the technical duties required quickly and efficiently and be able to cope with STAT situations.
- Must be cooperative and a good listener.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service.
- Subject to many interruptions and fast-paced environment.
- Moderate stress level.
- Possible exposure to potentially hazardous and toxic substances.
- Noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, robot, hoods, and oral communication.
- Potential exposure to infections and contagious diseases.
- Possible exposure to the risk of blood borne pathogens and/or airborne pathogens.
- Possible exposure to latex.
- Possible exposure to cytotoxic (chemotherapeutic) agents.
- Potential for criminal activity (robbery, etc.)
- Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs.
*This job qualifies for a $6,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements! *
Apply on company website