DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Medical Laboratory Technician
Full Time Days
Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
At HCA Healthcare we offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
As a Medical Laboratory Technician at our facility you will be an integral part of our Laboratory team. We are a highly functioning team that supports many different departments and has a passion for providing the best patient care through compassionate, professional interactions and reliable testing. In this role:
- You will process specimens, prepare reagents, perform testing procedures, and interpret/report test results.
- You will perform quality testing and instrument maintenance/troubleshooting.
- You will verify analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity, and reference ranges for test methods.
- You will work with the pathologist to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- You will serve as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- You will develop or adapt new procedures to improve accuracy and timeliness.
HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering superior, patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250-bed facility. Alaska Regional has received 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment (3 years in a row), bowel obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery (Healthgrades 2019).
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to have fun. Alaska boasts of some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and Alaska Regional are driven by our mission to care for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our community.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences from an accredited college or university required.
- Current Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification through one of the following certifying agencies: ASCP, AAB, or AMT.
- Minimum one year of experience in an acute care and/or other clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website