This is a safety sensitive position.
As a Warehouse Coordinator you must be very organized with strong attention to detail, highly customer service oriented with the ability to follow up on daily work to make sure all are completed on time and accurately.
Preferably previous general knowledge of Distribution/Warehouse operations and able to use WMS to follow up, update, and support customer accounts operations.
Must be able to communicate and work well with other staff, providing instructions to warehouse
equipment/material handler staff to accomplish assigned account(s) work successfully and by the required deadline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to learn & manage multiple distribution accounts operations using WMS.
- Accurate Data Entry in WMS system (outbound orders, billing services, inbound receiving, etc.) and adherence to
- Assist on order checking, inbound receiving check and train warehouse staff on these tasks;
- Ability to accurately and timely monitor and process customer accounts outbound shipments by customer emailing,
WMS order data entry, releasing order pick from WMS, order billing services, scheduling carriers pick up, preparing
freight shipments carton/pallet labeling, preparing BOL, documentation/packing slips, and follow up on delivery POD
to inform customers on shipment status;
- Knowledge on processing customer parcel shipments by UPS and FedEx and handle claims plus damage reports.
- Ability to accurately perform customer accounts physical inventory check (cycle counts), research discrepancies and
reconcile inventory using WMS information match with physical inventory count (must also follow up with customers
and carriers on discrepancies research investigation and reporting).
- Accurately and timely prepare required inbound receiving paperwork in WMS to check inbound freight by warehouse
staff; assist receiving checking and freight labeling match on inbound freight to assist the warehouse staff freight put
away storage at the W/H.
- Process inbound receiving in WMS, check receiving freight to match inbound paperwork information (also requires
damage inspections, damage reports and claims, verify physical freight count);
- Monitor customer accounts ocean container and air freight shipments on email communication with other departments to update customers and obtain documentation to prepare inbound pre-entry information in WMS;
- Coordinate the ocean container delivery appointments to the warehouse by communicating with our Ocean Department and carriers; and on outbound shipments, communicating with LTL and FT carriers.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree and 2 – 3 years' experience in warehouse, logistics, terminal operations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of local harbor procedures and drayage carrier procedures required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply on company website