The Prep Cook is responsible for the timely preparation of all cold prep items including but not limited to: salad and sandwich dressings, dipping sauces, marinations, canapés, hors d'oeuvres, buffet displays and knowledge of banquets salad and dessert presentation. Assembles food onto plates according to written specifications, adhering to quality standards. Exercises proper handling of food items and maintain an organized work area including all refrigeration and storage areas.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to company methods of food preparation, cooking, portion control, and garnishing
- Sharpens and handles various kitchen knives
- Slices, dices and chops fruits, vegetables, cheeses and cooked meats, poultry and seafood
- Prepares dressings, sauces, marinades, canapés, hors d'oeuvres, buffet items
- Uses slicing machine, mixer and food processor when preparing foods according to standard recipes and specifications
- Handles meat, seafood, poultry and produce according to proper food-handling procedures
- Reads and follows recipes/specifications
- Rotates product; Adheres to all sanitation standards in kitchen
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Reads and retains all pertinent information regarding daily promotions, food and beverage specials, property promotions, station assignments and scheduled entertainment from disseminated pre-shift information
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Assumes special projects as needed at the direction of the immediate supervisor
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
Apply on company website