DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Charge Nurse - Psychiatric
Full Time Days
West Valley Medical Center
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Charge Nurse in Behavioral Health.
At HCA Healthcare we offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
As a Charge Nurse in Behavioral Health at our facility you will be joining a team that has a passion for creating positive patient interactions and a dedication to caring for the multi-faceted wellness of those we serve. In this role:
- You will deliver direct physical and psychosocial care to patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- You will ensure that patient needs are met through constant collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- You will serve as a unit leader, providing guidance and mentorship to nursing staff.
- You will help coordinate the scheduling of current staff and assist with ongoing talent retention activities and staffing requirements.
- You will help to maintain a clean and safe working environment and confirm that all operational tasks are completed efficiently and on time.
- You will work with team members to ensure that safe and effective care is delivered to all patients on the Behavioral Health units.
- You will assist the Director with staff performance improvement by providing coaching, feedback for performance reviews, and assistance with disciplinary efforts.
- You may be given special quality, practice, and professional development projects to lead and will have the opportunity to display initiative to see processes through to completion.
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150-bed facility comes nationally accredited and consistently awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers, and based within a three-story hospital and several off-site community clinics. WVMC offers a full-spectrum of services, including state-of-the-art cardiology, 24/7 emergency care, advanced orthopedics, robot-assisted surgery, pediatrics, mental health, and women's services. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
WVMC is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and WVMC are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Associate's Degree in nursing required (BSN preferred).
- Current Idaho Registered Nurse License; Compact license accepted for 90 days from date of employment, then must have Idaho license.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support or obtain within 7 days of date of hire.
- Current NVCI (CPI) or obtain within 60 days of date of hire.
- 1-2 years general nursing experience in acute care setting preferred. Behavioral health experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website