SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Mental Health Tech - PRN West Valley Medical Center
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Mental Health Tech.
As a Mental Health Tech at our facility you will be joining a team that has a passion for creating positive patient interactions and a dedication to caring for the multi-faceted wellness of those we serve. In this role:
- You will function as a member of the treatment team and accept responsibilities for specifically assigned duties, such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation, and assisting with behavior modification programs.
- You will take vital signs and accurately record them and report to RN if variations from normal are found.
- You will participate in rounding and proactively respond to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and overall patient experience.
- You will assist in the maintenance of client charts, including clinical assessment process (CAP) and behavior based, specific measurable progress notes to ensure quality treatment.
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150-bed facility comes nationally accredited and consistently awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers, and based within a three-story hospital and several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and West Valley Medical Center are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Psychology or Sociology background preferred
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support or obtain within 7 days from date of hire
- Current NVCI (CPI) or obtain within 60 days from date of hire
- CNA certification preferred, not required
- 1-2 years experience in a mental health environment preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website