Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Surgical/Oncology you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Wesley Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Wesley Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Wesley Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
When you are the Clinical Nurse Coordinator you will be collaborating with the director to lead a team of amazing medical professionals. This is a great opportunity to take your career to the next level!
What you should expect to do in this role:
- You will collaborate with the Director to provide leadership to our team and play a role in fiscal, human resource, and operational functions
- Your role will actively participate in department and hospital strategic planning and will effectively implement new programs and services
- You will be maintaining an effective competency and staff development program
- You will work on day-to-day operations such as: processing payroll, managing department expenses, participating on hospital committees, processing employee evaluations, managing personnel issues
- You will be assisting in maintaining a departmental staffing plan that meets the needs of the customer and is responsive to the changing census
- You will assure an appropriate skill mix and staffing levels in accordance with volume demands
- You will create/foster a positive environment and will lead by example and by holding staff accountable for their behaviors and attitudes (compassionate, professional, communicative)
What qualifications you will need for this role:
- Current Kansas Registered Nurse License or valid compact license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course - American Heart Association or American Red Cross, required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Bachelor of Science Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 2 years clinical RN experience preferred
- Two years progressive supervisory or charge nurse experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For more than 100 years, Wesley Healthcare has provided exceptional careto thousands of families in Wichita and throughout Kansas and Northern Oklahoma.Wesley Medical Centeris a member of the Wesley Healthcare network within Greater Wichita and has been an HCA Healthcare hospital since 1985.
Our physicians treat more than24,000 patients annually, making Wesley Medical Center the most preferred hospital in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Additionally, our obstetricians and childbirth staffdeliver more than 6,000 babies each year, more than any hospital in a 13-state region.
Home toWesley Children's Hospital, the region's first and Wichita's only children's hospital, we care for children in a unique space designed specially for kids and their families. And as aLevel I Trauma Centerand theonly Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Kansas, we are prepared to treat any medical emergency, any time of day.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator - CPCU opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website