Description Position at VON Canada
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Information Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
This is a remote working position and can be based out of any of the locations specified. The successful candidate must be able to travel to VON sites.
The Clinical Systems Analyst, Home Health Applications, is responsible for supporting clinicians as we evaluate and implement new technologies and processes to deliver healthcare to our clients. The qualified candidate will have a strong clinical background and both a keen interest and comfort with information technology tools used in clinical practice.
- Maintain a current understanding of VON clinical streams of service, related practices and workflows and relevant VON software and hardware technologies and functionality.
- Support and strengthen current and future state clinical and operational workflows across various streams of service, programs and settings that result from the introduction of new technology.
- Assist to maintain detailed documentation of relevant clinical and operational processes and workflows, policy and procedures.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, including but not limited to Operations, Information Systems / Technology, Practice, Quality and Risk, identify and advise on opportunities to improve system design, workflow and practice delivery.
- Gather requirements, identify gaps and develop plans for implementation and evaluation of changes.
- Support system lifecycle processes for clinical and operational relevant application functionality such as digital clinical documentation including system configuration (building documentation forms), testing and implementation.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for clinicians and promotion to production environment as required, following change control and project procedures.
- Identify ongoing workflow adjustments and support issue identification, tracking and resolution following technology deployment.
- Understand and identify specific training needs of clinicians.
- Assist in the development of user training documentation and/or training coordination as required.
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues that clinical staff are having during the adoption of new processes, systems or technology in order to identify corrective action.
- Seek broad VON clinician feedback as required for technology-related projects and implementations.
- Act as a liaison and subject matter expert among VON clinicians and Information Systems / Technology resources, helping to build clinician acceptance and mastery with the introduction of various technologies.
- Actively participate with fellow team members to improve methods, tools and techniques as well as providing, coaching and mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Promotes the goals and values of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Abides by all VON policies and work practices
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place within their role
- Works in collaboration with other staff in a team approach to service delivery
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional team members, end-users/clients, and key stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain positive external relationships with select vendors and outsourced support to identify opportunities for improvement or development of technological solutions.
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing is required.
- Masters of Science, Nursing is preferred.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- 3 years recent clinical nursing experience.
- Previous experience supporting implementation of one or more successful healthcare technology application projects in an environment with >500 staff.
- Experience with business process redesign and the principles of organizational change management.
- Recent experience in a clinical system analyst role is preferable.
- Experience with Home Healthcare (Procura or AlayaCare) and / or Mobile Care Delivery Solutions (Cell Trak) is preferable.
- Experience in a community/homecare setting is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- An adept facilitator and competent in relationship building.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members in order to identify business requirements, suitability of application solutions, and change management processes needed to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear requirement statements, test plans, application usage guides and business process documentation.
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in the MS Office productivity suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). MS Project is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to provide end users with options and advise on implementing major/minor/critical enhancements. • Ability to develop clear and concise documentation that users and other functional consultants/partners/users will be able to utilize. • Strong problem-solving, analytical, time management, decision-making, and influencing skills. • Excellent interpersonal and application support skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website