VitalSource®, is hiring for a Tax Manager to contribute to our Finance team working 100% remote or in Raleigh, NC.
Manages indirect tax return preparation and review, tax accounting analysis and reporting, estimated tax payments, and various tax analysis as requested. Evaluates tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize tax obligations. Advises senior management on future changes to tax regulations and its possible impact to the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 4 to 6 years' tax accounting and compliance experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles required.
- Knowledge of US, international, and state taxation of corporations and LLCs a plus.
- Drives best practices for indirect tax policies, processes, and technology.
- Manages US sales & use tax initiatives, tax filings, and audits.
- Manages international goods and services tax and VAT initiatives, compliance processes, filings, and audits.
- Manages real and personal property tax outsourced compliance processes and audits.
- Optimizes and maintains the Company's tax technology systems partnering with the Company's Information Technology, Direct-to-Student, and Finance teams.
- Liaise with external income tax preparers on income tax return preparation including federal, state and international reporting.
- Prepares and analyzes current and deferred federal, state, and foreign tax provisions, and liability accounts for reporting in consolidated financial statements as required.
- Ensures deadlines are met for tax returns, tax payments, financial reporting, and other remittances.
- Performs tax research by identifying areas of concern, locating appropriate guidance in the area, communicating results in a clear and concise manner and documenting appropriately.
- Assists in compliance with IRS and state audits by documenting requests, identifying issues, and preparing protests.
- Coordinates and communicates with accounting and tax teams to gain efficiencies.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days accrued annually, 8 company holidays, and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Paid parental leave to support current associates in balancing their professional and personal lives as their families begin and grow
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
VitalSource is the leading education technology solutions provider committed to helping partners create, deliver, and distribute affordable, accessible, and impactful learning experiences worldwide. As a recognized innovator in the digital course materials market, VitalSource is best known for partnering with more than 1,000 publishers and resellers to deliver extraordinary learning experiences to millions of active users globally—and today we're also powering new, cutting-edge technologies designed to optimize teaching and learning for maximum results. Learn more at https://get.vitalsource.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Apply on company website