VitalSource®, is hiring for a Compliance Program Manager to contribute to our team 100% remote or in Raleigh, NC.
Performs both tactical and strategic work within the Company's Engineering Department to ensure that staff working within VitalSource's various business segments on Cloud hosted projects operate within the policies and procedures set forth by VitalSource and applicable company, state, federal, and international laws. Serves in a consulting role, auditing and facilitating remediation of continuous improvement efforts across the business. Exercises discretion and independent judgment based on security best practices and existing policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 years of functional experience in GRC/audit - related project management, management consulting, IT, audit/compliance/risk, or related field.
- 2 years of experience with IT controls, best practices, and IT production architecture experience with cloud-hosted applications.
- Understanding of best practices for information security and data privacy practices and processes.
- Eager and able to learn new and varied systems, apply new technologies quickly, stay up to date on the rules and regulations in the GRC space
- Customer service focused and detailed-oriented
- Advises on compliance, audit and/or security requirements in association with applicable standards/regulations and/or best practices, including AICPA SOC2, Privacy Shield, and GDPR, providing tailored and practical solutions for multiple business lines.
- Effectively trains and supports multiple audiences (of varying technical proficiency) in developing and following appropriate security and privacy controls around IT operations.
- Acts as primary point of contact for external assessments related to achieving required certifications and customer contractual requirements.
- Plans and leads internal risk assessment, audits, and benchmarking of security policies against regulations and standards across multiple business segments and products.
- Operates as an internal consultant, researching and recommending changes to enhance or streamline quality and information security procedures, including internal and external auditing.
- Reviews hosting, security, and audit contract terms and ensure compliance to current policies and processes.
- Provides oversight to help maintain governance functions, including security policy and process development and updates.
- Interfaces with external auditors to discuss security or IT hosting operations-related concerns during audits and collect and defend relevant evidence.
- Coordinates responses to RFP and security questionnaires.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days accrued annually, 8 company holidays, and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Paid parental leave to support current associates in balancing their professional and personal lives as their families begin and grow
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
VitalSource is the leading education technology solutions provider committed to helping partners create, deliver, and distribute affordable, accessible, and impactful learning experiences worldwide. As a recognized innovator in the digital course materials market, VitalSource is best known for partnering with more than 1,000 publishers and resellers to deliver extraordinary learning experiences to millions of active users globally—and today we're also powering new, cutting-edge technologies designed to optimize teaching and learning for maximum results. Learn more at https://get.vitalsource.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Apply on company website