Vi, recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Glassdoor's 100 Best Places to Work, owns, operates and develops luxury continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in some of the most desirable locations in the United States. With our award-winning and nationally-recognized training and development programs, Vi offers students a unique opportunity to work in a high-performing organization with the chance to participate in Vi's Management Development Program.
What We Offer
- Starting rate of pay of $14.60 per hour
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling around school
- Award-winning training and development
- Luxury work environment
The Culinary Apprentice assists in preparing all types of food while maintaining the highest quality and standards at all times. Ensures safe handling of all food and ingredients. Assists service staff in dining room(s) as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. This is a safety sensitive position.
Principal Accountabilities / Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans and cuts fruits and vegetables.
- Prepares common pooled prep or bulk production items.
- Prepares salads, fruit plates, condiments, etc.
- Prepares buffet and individually plated meals.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and sanitary work area in compliance with all health and sanitation policies and procedures such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Assists with receiving deliveries, puts away deliveries when necessary, and assists with the organization of dry storage, walk-ins and freezer using proper rotational practices.
- Assists Kitchen Attendant as needed / assigned with dish and ware washing, receiving, transportation of food and equipment, and cleaning duties.
- May be assigned to assist Pastry Chef with basic or fundamental tasks (scoop bulk cookies, pre-plate assigned desserts).
- May assist service staff with hosting, bussing, serving, food running, and other Dining service duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred
- Work Experience: Enrollment in an accredited Culinary Program is required
- Licensure / Certification: Possess or be willing and able to obtain Food Handlers certification, as required. Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where applicable.
Vi offers apprentices the opportunity to take advantage of the Company's tuition reimbursement program, paid-time off, and other benefits offered our part-time team members.
Bring life to your career.
2500 Indigo Lane, Glenview, Illinois 60026
Apply on company website