The program coordinator position will support the facilitation of program development, training, and outreach initiatives within the Office of Research and Innovation. These initiatives include, but are not limited tovirtual programming; meetings and workshops; special events; lecturer series; high-profile events; and social media content creation. The Program Development and Outreach Coordinator position will directly support the rapid and steady growth of our research enterprise and maintain outreach programs that work to increase our federal research expenditures.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field, with 3-5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Self-starter able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Experience with MS Teams Live Event production.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think critically and take initiative.
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to express ideas effectively and professionally via written platforms.
- Experience running a social media account and writing social media content for an educational institution, government organization, or nonprofit program with over 2,000 followers.
- Experience with social media scheduling platforms such as Buffer and Hootsuite.
- Experience with Canva and/or Adobe Suite (Premiere, InDesign, PhotoShop).
- Experience with MailChimp or other mass email marketing platforms.
- Background in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and follow-up for program development and outreach initiatives including virtual programming; meetings and workshops; special events; lecturer series; and other high-profile events.
- Complete room reservation requests, media services requests, Facilities Management requests, catering orders, risk assessment forms, parking requests, signage, etc.
- Create and maintain program development and outreach tracking system.
- Create program flow documents, including agendas, program briefings, and run of show forms.
- Oversee post-program documentation process; including reporting, surveys, analytics, attendance, and post-event engagement opportunities.
- Create and maintain attendee registration and engagement opportunities (i.e. PollEverywhere, Polly, MS Forms, Eventbrite).
- Support departmental marketing strategies including quality control for consistent messaging throughout multiple publications and platforms; maintain marketing calendar; collaborate with graphics designer on marketing collateral; create ad hoc marketing materials (i.e. flyers, PowerPoint slides, etc.).
- Professional experience writing for a general audience (social media, email communications, press releases, journalism, and/or professional blog posts).
- Interest in writing social media content and developing strategic plans centered on communications.
- Knowledgeable about the following social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
This employment opportunity requires frequent lifting, standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time.
REMOTE WORK NOT AVAILABLE – A remote work schedule is not available for this position.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
Apply on company website