The Nurse Practitioner works under the general supervision of the Practice Supervisor and medical supervision of the physician(s) to provide excellent medical care completing the duties and responsibilities of the position while complying with HIPAA and CVPH confidentiality policies. S(he) is responsible to provide health care services as licensed professionals working within their defined scope of practice. This position requires regular use of independent judgment.Special Criteria Details Working Friday night thru Monday am only. Responsibilities
A. Provide quality, compassionate and empathetic medical care to all patients as delegated by a supervising
physician within the education, training and experience of the PA as delineated by protocols, practice guideline
and/or practice directives while meeting the productivity demands of the practice. Services may be provided in the
office setting, nursing home(s) or CVPH Medical Center. This includes but is not limited to:
- Obtain patient medical histories
- Perform medical exams
- Order or perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat all patients per appointment schedule
- Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions and treatment plan
- Provide counseling and health education to patients and families as needed
- Prescribe medications as needed and dispense medication samples when available
- Make appropriate referrals
- Provide emergency care as needed
- Document patient records in a manner to support level of service being billedDocument all services, procedures and diagnoses provided to patient on charge ticker in accordance with established procedures to ensure accurate billing to patient accounts
- Routinely consult with physicians
B. Assist in providing continuing medical information to nursing and clerical staff
C. Assist in maintaining quality and safe infection control standards
A. Protect medical practice assets and resources within the control of the position
B. In conjunction with the Director of Practice Operations and/or Office Manager, assist with evaluation of effectiveness and efficiency of practice operations as it relates to patient flow, provision of medical care,
risk management and quality assurance.
C. Assist in development, revision and implementation of practice guidelines and directives, risk management and
quality assurance policies and procedures
D. Comply with HIPAA and CVHN confidentiality policies
E. Other duties as assigned
- Completion of physician assistant education program approved by the American Medical Association.
- Current license as a Registered Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in New York State required.
- Current or eligible for NYS DEA license required.
- Understanding and commitment to CVPH core values of teamwork, confidentiality and quality care.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skillsExpertise in clearly communicating medical information to professional practitioners and general public.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards/regulations.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively at all times including emergency situations.
- Legible handwriting.
- Above average spelling and memory skills.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, patients and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality and support the goals and objectives of CVPH.
- Utilize available business technology to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions with a minimum amount of supervisory direction.
- Desire to remain current on emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches.
- Ability to obtain appropriate privileges at CVPH.
- Ability to obtain credentialing by third party payers to enable third party billing.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must have ability to work in team environment.
- Medical office experience helpful.
- Experience in use of personal computers required; proficient in use of Word.
- Knowledge of medical practice management and/or electronic medical records software a plus.
Apply on company website