UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the "gold standard" for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health had held its Magnet status since 2011.
This position will be an instructor for UC San Diego Health staff in basic and advanced resuscitation training (BART and ART). The RN will work with resuscitation program staff to ensure training needs of organization are met and competency of staff is evaluated. Work with staff at UC San Diego Simulation Center to provide simulation-based learning.
Use clinical experience to enhance training. Manage registrations in UCLC. Participate in interprofessional review of code blue and rapid response events to improve curriculum and processes to improve patient outcomes. Collaborate with Code Blue Committee and resuscitation program staff on quality improvement initiatives. Will work varied hours and locations.
These positions are intended to be additional appointments to a UC San Diego Health RN's current clinical role. Selected candidates will add a limited appointment in addition to their career appointment, not to exceed 100% total.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the state of California.
Current ART certification.
Three (3+) or more years of relevant RN experience.
- AHA ACLS or BLS instructor experience.
- Two (2+) or more years of Code RN experience.
- Teaching experience.
- Certification within specialty area.
- Demonstrated quality improvement experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Selected candidate may be hired at the CNIII level pending review and approval by the Nurse Executive Council.
Apply on company website