DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Environmental Services Operations Manager, Full-time
University Hospital and Medical Center
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hour behavioral health support hotline. They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. University is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Services (EVS), the EVS Operations Manager and oversees the daily activities of the Environmental Services Department. This individual will prepare daily schedules and assignments, ensure orders and adequate supplies are available for all shifts and par level is maintained, flexing to meet daily hospital census, which encompasses updates, and sign offs on Kronos and acting in the capacity of the director when he/she is unavailable. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily operations, to include ordering of supplies, scheduling assignments for supervisors and employees to meet hospital census needs
- Establish patient, employee and environmental safety infection control and EOC management as a leadership priority and maintains consistent compliance with specified safety practice standards
- Update, complete, and sign off on Kronos, as well as employee evaluations with supervisors input
- Conduct employee meetings for proper communication and keeping employees informed of any changes in policies
- Updating linen usage information on a daily basis
- Consistently demonstrate the organization's commitment for and adherence to sound ethical business practices in accordance with the Corporate Integrity and Compliance Program, annual work plan, and established policies and procedures
- Ensure full and timely compliance with staff development, competency assessment, training & education requirements, including annual safety reviews, etc.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred
- Three years of supervisor experience in healthcare environmental services preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website