DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR)
Part-Time No Weekends FTE 0.5
University Hospital and Medical CenterTamarac, FL
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), and a 24-hour behavioral health support hotline. They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. University is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high-quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At University Hospital and Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. As a Registered Nurse (RN) some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution, and spiritual and cultural needs.
Address all patients by preferred name, introduces self, and states the purpose of visit.
Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on interpretation of data, assessment/reassessment, and initiate appropriate measures including reporting variations of diagnostic studies/change in condition.
Monitor patient response to the current plan of care and partner with Physician toward goal achievement.
Assure accuracy of all surgical/invasive procedure consents.
Immediately respond to emergencies or acute changes in patient status.
Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
Assure personal protective equipment is available and appropriately use.
Document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer, and discharge.
Assess and document patient/family learning needs, abilities, preferences, and readiness to learn based on age specificity and level of understanding.
Assure all documents placed in the patient records are identified with clear accurate information.
Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changes in nursing practice.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing and supports the mission and vision of University Hospital and Medical Center.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification preferred.
- Two (2) years Associate Degree (ASN) required.
- Four (4) years Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred.
- 1-2 years of Operating Room (OR) experience required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website