SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
Surgical 4th Floor
PRN FTE 0.001University Hospital and Medical Center Tamarac, FL
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hour behavioral health support hotline. They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. University is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.Job Description:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to work in our Medical Surgical Unit. There are 40 beds in the unit. The nurse to patient ratio is 1:6. The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs. As a Registered Nurse (RN), some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate leadership in upholding Standards of Care and Performance.
- Demonstrate ability to perform assessment, interventions, care, treatment, and education based on defined age specific annual competency.
- Demonstrate awareness of and respect for patient/family needs in relation to rights, confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs.
- Address all patients by preferred name, introduces self, and states purpose of visit.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on interpretation of data, assessment / reassessment and initiate appropriate measures including reporting variations of diagnostic studies / change in condition.
- Monitor patient response to current plan of care and partners with Physician toward goal achievement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
- Document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge.
- Review routine physician orders within two (2) hours and accurately transcribes to MAR. Initiates STAT orders within one (1) hour.
- Identify and document patient/family education in collaboration with other disciplines and implements initial and ongoing education relevant to those needs based on disease process, diet, pain management, medication, medical equipment and continuing care needs every shift.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific disease process, treatment, intervention, and response based on age specificity.
- Assess for pain, intervenes, and monitors level as per policy.
- Accurately complete intra-facility transfer form at time of transfer.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the need to report actual and potential patient safety issues to supervisor and through the facility occurrence reporting system as evidenced by verbalizing examples of reportable patient safety issues.
- Demonstrate ability to report a medical/healthcare error and safety issues as evidenced by appropriate occurrence report entry.
- Document clearly, legibly and accurately.
- Adhere to all hospital policies.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- 2 Years Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required.
- 4 Years Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- 1-2 Years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in an acute care setting.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website