DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse Navigator Care Assure (RN)
Full Time Days, No Weekends
University Hospital and Medical Center
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services as well as an academic teaching center for Behavioral Health. Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs to orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient and outpatient services and a one-of-a-kind geriatric program. Other specialty services include a Wound Healing Center and Vascular Services, Primary Stroke Center and Women's Center. Our newly renovated family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high level, personalized care close to home in your local community.
University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Care Assure Nurse Navigator is responsible for the programs and resources that support the navigation of patients through complex healthcare environments for the optimization of care and outcomes. S/he facilitates patient follow-up through coaching, information transfer, and communication in order to improve continuity of care, enhance the medical management of complex disease, and streamline the intervention process. The incumbent guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. Serves as a point of contact for referring physicians, patients, and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
This is a full time 8-hour day shift position. No weekends or holidays required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedules follow-up appointments, and provides information with reminders to patients and physician offices
- Engages providers and patients using a program that improves outcomes and efficiencies in health care
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities related to the target population and involving all levels of staff
- Coordinates information among referring, primary care and consulting physicians and ancillary departments
- Evaluates and provides input regarding the utilization of resources to meet the needs of the target population
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current State of Florida RN license, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS certification via American Heart Association
- 3 or more years' experience as an RN in an Acute Hospital environment
- Fluent in Spanish (strongly preferred)
- Skills required: MS Office, hospital based computing systems (i.e. Meditech), critical thinking, excellent interpersonal communications skills, PC Skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website