UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology and at least 24 months of experience in general radiologic practice preferred.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position requires work near sources of radiation and in low light in order to see the centering lights. This position is subject to inside environmental conditions. Occupational risk to blood born pathogens is moderate to high.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires extensive interaction with all units and floors, as well as HSC clinics. It requires a close working relationship with HSC physicians and radiologists.
- Job Description
- Perform all diagnostic procedures listed in the procedure manual under the direction of theÂ Lead Tech and Physician. Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, with ingenuity and initiative for radiologic diagnosis. Responsible for the billing and distribution of films for each exam performed. POSITION SCOPE INFORMATION: People Management: Total subordinate staff 0 Total Indirect reporting staff (employees supervised 0 by a subordinate supv.) Money Management: Dollar Amount Budget or Appropriation (The amount of money the [Amount $$ Employee Controls] employee controls) INTERACTION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS AND OTHER RELATIONSHIPS: This position requires extensive interaction with all units and floors, as well as HSC clinics. It requires a close working relationship with HSC physicians and radiologists. NOTE: This job description/performance appraisal form does not describe all job responsibilities that may be assigned to this job. Job responsibilities may change from time-to-time.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- TDH-MRT certification & CPR certified required.
- Physical Capabilities
- Must be emotionally and physically fit. Work requires constant standing, walking and lifting of patients and equipment. The work is at times stressful with many emotional demands. Must possess near visual acuity.
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work well with others and without supervision. Perform multiple diagnostic procedures on a variety of types of patients and situations. Should be able to perform portable and fluoroscopic procedures as well as general radiography.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website