UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Strong clinical background. Previous management experience preferred.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Works in a well lighted, heated and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department as proescribed by the philosophy of the hospital. Exposure to blood born pathogens is of low risk.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires close interaction with the medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary areas in order to promote a quality multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Job Description
- Coordinates and manages the care of complex patients to facilitate achievement of quality patient outcomes. Performs utilization functions for appropriateness of admissions and continued hospital stay. Communicates with third-party payors, as needed, to assure reimbursement. Communicates appropriately with other care givers as needed.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Current licensure from Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is of medium demand; walking, sitting and standing most of the time while on duty.
- Skills and Abilities
- Good negotiation and communication skills required. Basic computer skills.
Apply on company website