UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Regions first Magnet designated Hospital
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- The Emergency Center is a level 1 trauma center 64 bed unit which includes a 7 bed pediatric emergency area. The Emergency Center provides a unique opportunity to experience a variety of patient situations including care of trauma, cardiac, stroke, pediatric, and burn patients. While in the Emergency Center you will orient to all areas of the Emergency Center.
- Triage: Triage training will offer you the best view of how the emergency center flows. As a triage nurse you are the decision maker for each patient that is waiting to be seen. You are instructed on the ESI 5 tier index triage system and will begin using this in making decisions on how sick a patient may be and if it is safe for them to wait or not. This again is the most important part of your orientation, because it will carry over into your patient care as a primary nurse to all patients in the Emergency Center. As an experienced nurse, you may have previously used this system and therefore, you will adapt to how this Emergency Center utilizes ESI.
- General Medical: Offers a comprehensive experience caring for all types of patients. You will care for patients that are stable to emergently needing care. This area is where you will learn the flow of the Emergency Center and all of the documentation and functionality of the EC.
- Super-Fast Track: Offers the opportunity to explore patients that are very stable and only need one to two diagnostics to come to a disposition. This is a very fast paced area and will really offer you a chance to do focused assessments rather than extensive assessments. You will become very proficient in learning how to focus on the true problem the patient has.
- Critical Care: This zone of the Emergency Center offers the opportunity to explore a wide array of pathophysiology. This patient population includes multi-system organ failure, respiratory failure, diabetic emergencies, drug overdoses, autoimmune crisis, and many other critically ill patients.
- Trauma Care: Offers a variety of opportunities for advanced patient care in the region's only Level I Trauma Center. You will care for patients immediately after a traumatic event and will assist the surgery team, orthopedics, neurosurgery team and burn team deciding the further plan of care for that patient. The Burn Center is the region's only verified burn center. You will care for burns and other soft tissue injuries such as toxic epidermal necrolysis, necrotizing soft tissue infections, and snakebites.
- Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- Must maintain a current BLS & ACLS & PALS certification from American Heart Association
- BSN required or must be obtained within 3 years of hire
- TNCC required or obtained upon hire
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Unit specific orientation to be determined by the hiring department
- Orientation length is individually based and will be determined by Director
- Galen E-learning Curriculum Modules / Online Nursing Competency Validation
- Cerner electronic documentation training
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available (if applicable)
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing BSN/MSN after 90 days of employment (if applicable)
- Mentor program
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website