UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- The Post Anesthesia Care Unit has identified its scope of care to include all aspects of Post Anesthesia Care, specifically to assist the surgical and cardiac patient in returning to a hemodynamically stable condition after an anesthetic by providing safe, knowledgeable, and individualized nursing care in the immediate post anesthesia phase 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis. The American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses, PeriAnesthesia Nursing Standards, Practice Recommendations, and Interpretive Statements provide the guidelines for patient care.
- The Department of Anesthesiology provides medical direction and coverage with full time attending and resident physician staff and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) on a 24-hours a day, 7 days a week basis. A multi-disciplinary approach to nursing care is utilized in the PACU.
- Therapies include critical care nursing skills, administration of oxygen, pulse oximetry, EKG monitoring, EtCO2 Capnography monitoring, administration of blood and blood products, IV drug therapy appropriate to the patient and diagnosis, as ordered, patient extubation, arterial/venous sheath monitoring & removal, maintenance of peripheral nerve blocks, and observation and evaluation of hemodynamic stability.
- Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- Must maintain a current BLS, ACLS, & PALS certification from American Heart Association
- BSN required.
- PACU/CVICU experience required.
- May float to main PACU if desired.
- CPAN/CAPA certification preferred
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Unit specific orientation to be determined by the hiring department
- Orientation length is individually based and will be determined by Director
- Galen E-learning Curriculum Modules / Online Nursing Competency Validation
- Cerner electronic documentation training
- Relocation assistance available (if applicable)
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing BSN/MSN after 90 days of employment (if applicable)
- Mentor program
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website