Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No previous hospital experience is required, by preferred.
- On the job training provided.
- Computer experience preferred, but not required.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Works inside and under normal temperate conditions with adequate light, in a well ventilated, clean area. Some areas are limited in space, and some patient rooms/specific units such as the Burn Unit may be warm. Usually works around others, may expect some moderate noise. Frequently works with biologic or infectious agents, and may be exposed to communicable diseases. May come in contact with irritating chemicals or sprays. May be exposed to muscular strain in supporting, lifting and assisting patients.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- The technician must display a professional attitude at all times, be thoughtful of others, neat and well groomed. The technician will need to carry out close working relationships with many people including but not limited to: the Director and Assistant Director, Supervisor, PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, support personnel, Speech, Audiologists, Physicians, Nursing staff, Social Services, Respiratory Therapy, Radiology, Food and Nutrition, and most importantly patients and their family members or caregivers. The therapist should have the flexibility to schedule around the aforementioned services if needed, and have the ability to organize time in order to treat the maximum number of patients in the allotted working day. The technician should also offer help to co-workers when down time is experienced.
- Job Description
- The Outpatient Therapy Technician is responsible for assisting the PT, PTA, PT/PTA students, OT, COTA, OT/OTA students with patient treatments, maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies, housekeeping duties and performing any other assigned duties. The technician will adhere to policies, procedures, and standards of practice as defined by and/or stated by the 1) American Physical Therapy Associations, 2) Texas State Physical Therapy Practice Act, 3) Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization Manual, 4) UMC Standard Policy and Procedure Manual, 5) PM&R Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- No licensure required.
- Basic Life Support Certification (CPR) after the first 90 days.
- Physical Capabilities
- The technician should have good physical stamina, be able to be on feet most of the day, and be fairly strong and energetic. Work frequently requires much walking, standing, carrying, talking, hearing and listening. Lifting more than 50 pounds is occasionally required to reposition patients. Hours may be long and irregular, and may include weekends.
- Skills and Abilities
- Should speak intelligently and in a professional manner before others, demonstrate good public relations, demonstrate assertiveness, flexibility and tact.
- Perform technical procedures as assigned by the therapist.
- Have ability and competence to operate necessary equipment.
- Must be able to instill confidence in patients, physicians, and personnel.
- Adapt to emergency conditions.
- Be alert to changes in the patientâ€™s condition.
- Demonstrate economic use of time.
- Know techniques of assisting and handling patients.
- Understand Departmental/Facility policies, procedures and regulations.
- Be aware of inter/intradepartmental communication.
- Must be flexible.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website