Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- High diploma or equivalent.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position is mostly subject to inside environmental conditions, however; may be required to be outdoors occasionally. Occasionally may require work with chemical hazards and environmental hazards (i.e. noisy environment, with infectious agents, near power supplies/machinery). Danger from falls, cuts and abrasions is present. Subject to call-backs at all times. Working various shifts may be required.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- Interacts with patients, staff and visitors on a daily basis.
- Job Description
Performs a variety of duties in and around the hospital complex to assist maintenance personnel with the safe and efficient operation and repair of all equipment, support systems and buildings in accordance with DNV standards. These items include, but are not limited to, minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, building maintenance and patient care equipment. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- None required.
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is of medium demand (i.e. walking, climbing, stooping, physical exertion and heavy lifting on occasion).
- Skills and Abilities
- Must have aptitude to develop skills for minor plumbing, electrical, painting, mechanical repair and general building maintenance techniques.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website